Sending Church: Stories of Momentum and Multiplication by Dan Smith
Spinoffs are a risky business—a gamble that should only be taken by large, resourced churches that can afford to take the hit. Congregations need to have a certain amount of people or money before seriously considering the insanity of multiplication. Regular churches are off the hook. They can just focus on building up one church, letting others worry about a bigger vision for the region, city, province, or world.
In this FREE eBook, Dan Smith, Exponential’s former emcee and “fungi,” drops stories, parables, insights, challenges and a lot of humor about being, becoming or planting a Sending Church. In 2005, Smith led the team that started Momentum Christian Church in Greater Cleveland. On paper, Momentum’s just a regular church. For their first nine years, they averaged 250 people or less. But the numbers don’t tell the whole story. In obedience to God’s vision for multiplication, the church has created a strong sending culture to help reach more broken people through new churches. With brutal honesty, Smitty shares the difficulties and rewards of giving before you can afford to give, and sending before you can afford to send.
- How Scripture reveals a sending culture in the early church
- Why large and small churches can make an impact by sending money and people
- Encouragement from the battle stories of Momentum and other inspiring sending churches
- Practical advice on how to create—or destroy—a sending culture
- Suggested words/vision-casting scripts for the sending leader
- Honest thoughts about chasing the “large church” dream vs. chasing the “multiplying church” dream
- Insights about the most fruitful years of a church’s life and, based on that, how to lead with urgency
A special thanks to the sponsors of this book. This book is available to you thanks to their generosity. Please consider showing your gratitude to these sponsors by visiting their web sites.