Revisiting The Master Plan Of Evangelism
Dr. Robert Coleman set the standard for discipleship and evangelism in the 20th century when he wrote the watershed book The Master Plan of Evangelism over 50 years ago. Since then, Coleman’s work has sold more than 3.5 million copies and has been translated into 100-plus languages. In this new eBook, Bobby Harrington, director of Discipleship.org, joins Coleman to revisit the timeless material of the book.
The two friends and co-authors believe that Jesus’ method incorporated all the divine wisdom, knowledge and insight included in Jesus’ identity. And in this resource, they point out the ways in which Jesus’ method is the perfect method. Throughout Harrington’s interview with Coleman, we get a front-row seat to listen in on the conversation as Harrington talks with him to review and update the eight (now nine) principles of Jesus’ method. What emerges are the wisdom and insights of a man who has spent his life pursuing Jesus and His method and teaching others to do the same. Their exchange will feed readers’ souls. Some 50 years after Coleman wrote the book, he says he believes these timeless and transcultural principles of Jesus’ discipleship method more strongly today, having seen how they have been lived out in the lives of countless disciple makers, churches and his own family.
- A summary and review of Coleman’s eight (now) nine principles of Jesus’ discipleship method after 51 years since writing The Master Plan of Evangelism
- Personal stories of both Coleman’s life and others illustrating the real-life impact of Jesus’ discipleship method
- Coleman’s evaluation of the principles and the modifications he has made to these principles
- Insightful discussion on Jesus’ selection of the disciples; discipleship in the family; leading people to obedience; the priesthood of all believers; how Jesus delegated ministry and more
- Hindsight reflections on the impact of following Jesus’ discipleship method
A special thanks to the sponsors of this book. This book is available to you thanks to their generosity. Please consider showing your gratitude to these sponsors by visiting their web sites.