Evangelism Or Discipleship
Evangelism and discipleship are not two things; they are one. Jesus has commanded us to “make disciples.” In this new eBook, veteran discipleship leaders Bobby Harrington and Bill Hull focus on the need for leaders to bring together discipleship and evangelism and plant churches with that mindset. The two authors offer Bible-based insights into how evangelism and discipleship work together to accomplish the Great Commission, sharing stories and examples of leaders and churches that have successfully brought the two together for kingdom impact.
Jesus’ Matthew 28 commandment included the expectation of reproduction—that new disciples would become well-taught disciples who would in turn embrace the mission and make other new disciples. Anything less is to sabotage the master plan. Evangelism is simply a form of pre-conversion discipleship. When we engage in this disciple-making process, Jesus tells us that He will be present with us—to the end of the age (Matt. 28:20).
- Helpful observations of the state of evangelism and discipleship in the West
- The theological significance of discipleship and how it encompasses evangelism.
- Experienced perspective from two veteran leaders on how evangelism and discipleship work together effectively
- Thorough study of the gospel and how a proper understanding of Jesus as the gospel helps us connect evangelism and conversion to discipleship?
- How the concept of a covenant commitment is important in the linkage of evangelism and discipleship
- Three questions of the Matt. 28: 18-20 passage critical to understanding how evangelism and discipleship work together
- The role of accountability in disciple making
- Three primary characteristics of a disciple-making church
- Six core insights into why and how the saints must be equipped based on Eph. 4: 11-16
A special thanks to the sponsors of this book. This book is available to you thanks to their generosity. Please consider showing your gratitude to these sponsors by visiting their web sites.