BECOMING a Level FIVE Multiplying Church
In this new book, Exponential co-founders Todd Wilson and Dave Ferguson introduce and explore Exponential’s focus and theme for 2016: Becoming Five. Becoming a Level Five Multiplying Church continues a conversation started in the 2014 Exponential book Spark: Igniting a Culture of Multiplication, drilling down into more detail focusing on how we can each play our part in moving the needle on church multiplication. While Spark introduced these three core elements of culture, in this book Todd and Dave press more deeply into how we live them out. In this expanded version, Alan Hirsch also provides an additional chapter & comments throughout the book.
Focusing on the specifics of helping churches identify where they are on the multiplication scale (Levels 1 – 5) and what’s needed to become a Level 5 multiplying church, Todd and Dave champion multiplication and equip future church multipliers to move beyond the prevailing addition-growth scorecards. The bottom line, the authors say, is that we need to rethink the operating system that’s producing growth but not producing multiplication—and aim for more healthy Kingdom growth that’s focused on multiplication.
Becoming Five is the theme for both Exponential East 2016 & Exponential West 2016. To dive deeper into how to become a level 5 multiplying church, you can register for either conference, which features speakers like Matt Chandler, Brian Houston, and J.D. Greear.
Note: The book is positioned as a “field guide” to help leaders compare and contrast the differences between subtraction, addition and multiplication cultures. (You’ll find plenty of real-life examples and stories of multiplying churches in Exponential’s upcoming FREE eBook series starting fall 2015!)
- Insightful interactive quizzes to help you assess your thinking and beliefs about church multiplication
- a new framework and vocabulary for multiplying churches, including a framework for balancing addition and multiplication for healthy growth
- a framework for discerning five different levels of multiplication
- five actions needed to move the needle on multiplication and close the gap between our aspirations (what we want to be) and our practices (what we’re actually doing).
- a thorough exploration of three core tensions that all leaders will face in their journey toward becoming a Level 5 multiplying church.
- helpful appendix offering detailed descriptions of the five levels of multiplying churches—equipping any church to identify where it is currently and the practices needed to move to the next levels.
- information about a new assessment tool for helping leaders discern which of the five levels of multiplication (Levels 1 – 5) their church is currently living out
A special thanks to the sponsors of this book. This book is available to you thanks to their generosity. Please consider showing your gratitude to these sponsors by visiting their web sites.